Monday, January 3, 2011

My Favorite 1990s Sports Cars

The 1990s were a great decade for cars, and a decade in which I first learned how to drive a car. The first experience of getting a driver's license and driving a car is a magical one, and one that we're all sure to remember. I'm now quite a few years older, but I can still remember each and every car from that decade and how much I liked certain models. Here's a quick list of my favorite five cars from the 1990s.
4. The Ford Mustang. They introduced the "new" body in the earlier part of the decade, and this look became a classic look that was emulated for years to come. This is a classic American sports car that never gets old in my mind.
3. The Dodge Viper. A bit flashy, there's no doubt about that. This car packed some serious power though. It was the closest thing in my mind to an Italian exotic sports car, and it was American made. I've always been a big fan of the Viper.
2. The Acura NSX. This was a beautiful car that looked like a souped up, more refined Corvette. I loved this car the first time I saw it, and an NSX in good condition still woos me to this day.
1. The Corvette. As much as I loved the NSX, the body of the Corvette that came out in the late 1990s was simply awesome. Throw in the fact that it was American, and this car was a true winner in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment